Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fancy Schmancy

Headed for a lovely dinner at The Modern at the MOMA and wanted to dress the part, but it was also zero frickin' degrees out. Ended up in this purple satin sheath (The Limited, $90), a black cardigan (also The Limited, $60) and some black kitten heels (BCBG Generation $90).

The star of this outfit is the gold brooch necklace from Banana Republic (shocker). This was a trend last year that I was told by every magazine I could wear with a t-shirt, so I got one (about $138) but never really tried it. I think it works quite nicely here and it definitely jazzed my dress up.

Two things to note here: 1) While BR makes some bland basics, their costume jewelry for the last few years has been stellar. I love their pieces. They're inexpensive, well made and fun. 2) The Limited, a throw back to the mall shopping 80s, recently hired a new dress designer. In the last year I've purchased at least 6 fantastic dresses there and all were only $90. The rest of their clothes are still a little uninspired, but the dresses are worth a look. I always get compliments on them.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree about BR costume jewelry lately, it's been pretty great. i've bought a couple necklaces from them that i love to wear.

    ReplyDelete