Friday, January 8, 2010

Mourning Edition

Today I'm in black. All black. My Texas Longhorns lost the BCS Championship and I'm showing my disappointment in a fashionable way.

Today's dress is a "Never Worn" item. I bought it about 2 and a half years (BCBG $350) and it's hung in my closet for so long that there was a hole at the seam in the neck from the weight of the material pulling it down. Or a moth. I fixed it with some Hollywood tape for today and will get it repaired eventually. The dress came with a black sash in the same sweater material, but I decided to add a little color with a patent ombre belt with a gold buckle (also BCBG, $30 on major sale).

Why have I never worn this dress? It's so cute. And sophisticated possibly? I know I certainly don't feel as frumpy as I did yesterday so this is a better outfit for sure. But it's not necessarily unique or one of a kind. But that's ok - I don't have to be fashion forward everyday. Just fashionable is just fine.

Side Note: Hollywood Fashion Tape - a clear double stick tape - is amazing. It should b e in everyone's closet. I've used it to do everything from holding strapless dresses in place to fixing a leather tear in my boots. It's a must have and you can find it in various sizes and shapes on their site.

2 comments:

  1. Love this number! Would it work with a scarf? Or would that just weigh it down? And the Philip Lim buy, are you buying for later, or would you wear when it's still burrry outside.
    ps - wonder if something else will come along in January to make you regret giving into Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the addition of the belt for color. That's what makes the look unique. You look very sophisticated and fashionable. And I love the ankle boots with it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete