Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Saturday Night Special

Catching up again today due to internet failure at home.
Saturday night was my first wearing of the Phillip Lim top and it went great. I felt confident in my look and got compliments galore. I'm not sure I've ever had that many compliments in one night, except that time I dressed up as a zombie prom queen.

This time I wore the top with a J. Crew turtleneck, BR Skinny jeans (light wash, $89) and Naturalizer boots($150. Yes, you read that right. Naturalizer. I'm not 70, but I need comfy shoes to trek around this city and they've been making cuter shoes lately. Check them out - your feet will thank you.

Later this week I'll be wearing the top in an entirely different, and somewhat age-inappropriate way, to go to the Lady Gaga show. I think I'm going to be proven right about this top. That it'll get lots of wear, lots of compliments and be worth the money spent.

PS - I bought the classic Chanel quilted purse for, wait for it.....$2500. BUT, It will never go out of style and will actually last me the rest of life so totally worth it. If I had to do it again though, I might have looked for a used one on ebay, but they are hard to find.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! This is such a great top, and even though it is unique, it's also very versatile. Kudos on the smart buy.

    The chanel bag is indeed a classic, so good for you.

    I wonder what you think about bag borrow or steal--where you rent designer bags. Is that totally blurgh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I just don't use bags that way. I think it would work for people who like to carry the same bag until they tire of it. I switch my bags out most days and sometimes twice if I'm going out at night. I think they are starting a similar service with designer gowns, which makes more sense to me since you'd wear it once and never again.

    ReplyDelete