Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Damn You Phillip Lim!

After falling in love with that Phillip Lim top and not being able to find it anywhere, my closet looked pretty boring this morning. It's stacked with neutral basics - no wonder I'm bored with my wardrobe. Today I broke down and pulled out the BR skinny jeans - it's just too cold. The top Is by 12th St Cynthia Vincent, and I got it on sale at Barney's a couple of years ago for $100 and I do wear it quite a bit. Still seems fashionable to me, so I think it's worth it if it lasts a few seasons.

I brought my purse into the photo because I think it's a good example of what I'm trying to do here. It's a Kate Spade, and was $500, but I got it on sale at 20% off. Finding a good black purse has been like a unicorn hunt for me. I've spent money on several less expensive ones, and just not loved the quality of the leather. This one, I fell in love with and I have used it a ton already. I feel like it will last a few seasons and is worth the cost since I don't need to buy another black purse until this wears out or gets stolen.

2 comments:

  1. The top from Barney's is fantastic, my bet is that it'll last more seasons than you expect and actually looks more versatile than the Lim, but maybe that's just me. Meanwhile, since the Kate Spade bag is so grand, does that mean duller, cheaper, yuck-inducing ones will be tossed? Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...2 going on ebay this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete