Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Progress!



Today I had a little bit of a fashion breakthrough. This morning I started with the black draped skirt and the tights, and was planning on adding a white button down, a green tweed jacket and boots. I put that whole look on and was totally underwhelmed. The jacket cut funny with the draped skirt and looked boxy and shapeless. My outfit was scoring a dull 3.5 on the awesome scale but I was also running late for work. (20 seconds MacGruber!)

I knew I needed to try something different (hello, point of blog!). So what would I never wear with a fancy draped skirt? A t- shirt. And surprise, it worked! I threw on a bunch of bracelets which I thought might up the edgy-anty and some purple suede (and studded) t-strap pumps. I was really happy with the end result. I felt much hipper than I did five minutes before and proud of myself for trying something. I like today's outfit far better than yesterday's. This feels very much like what I want my style to be.


Skirt is Reiss ($230), T-shirt City DNKY ($35 on sale), Pumps BCBG Girls ($168 on Sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment