Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting better.

Not to toot my own horn..but beep beep! I like this outfit! Even got a couple of unsolicited compliments. My dress today is all about stylish fun. If you zoom in on the print, you'll see little black stallions. I found it at a tiny boutique on 23rd called Yamak and have only worn it twice, but think I will wear it more often. It's from a label I've never heard of and can't find online called "Pine Tree Revolution". ($75 on sale from $150)

The cardigan is just from the Limited ($50) but it's a nice basic. The shoes were the turning point for me. I was going to go with plain black, but at the last minute I grabbed a colorful pair. They have stripes on them, which normally I would never mix with a different pattern, but they totally work. (Alfani, from Macy's $120 - 3 years ago)

So nothing designer on, but I feel like a million bucks. And I'm learning that one little change can make a big difference. All this stuff has exisisted in my closet for months...this shouldn't be the first time I'm wearing this outfit.

The only thing I'd do different? Wear lipstick for this photo so I don't look so washed out. I'm ridiculously pale. I'm the opposite of Snooki.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dress. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're too cute with your fashion evolution. Love the stallion print. I haven't checked out all your posts yet, but this has something in common with another one...unexpected non-basic accessories shakin' things up & upping the edge factor. Good luck with your style journey.

    ReplyDelete