Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside.

I woke up this morning to snow, which was pretty until I remembered that I had planned to wear a dress today. And also had to walk my dog. Pickles is lucky she's adorable.
Well, I decided not to let cold weather get me down and just wear what I was planning on anyway. So here I am: BCBG Dress ($178) which I picked up at Macy's after reading that "art prints" were a coming trend. BCBG has embraced it and has a ton on their site. Club Monaco Cardigan makes another appearance. Great for the office. Almsot went with a navy cardigan but decided it was too matchy-matchy. Shoes are Miz Mooz, ($90ish) purple with a wood wedge heel and I love them. I just discovered this brand. They don't always hit it out of the park, but they do a lot of mid heels (which, as a New Yorker, I love) and they also choose some interesting leather colors that you don't see everywhere. The prices are also quite nice.

What you're not seeing here is what it required to wear this outfit today. Namely a mid-calf link puffer, Wool lined snow boots and a scarf and earmuffs. That pictures is far less fashionable. Those of you in cooler climates, please share your cold weather style tips in the comment section! I need them!

I'll be wearing this tonight for dinner at Balthazar, one of my favorite restaurants in the world and a large factor in my decision to head east.

3 comments:

  1. Love the dress. We want to see a photo without it covered. It looks like it needs to shown off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any good advice on looking fashionable in cold weather - I wear a "sleeping bag" North Face long coat and a russian furry hat in this weather. I look like a freak until I take my jacket and hat off. Key is to look hot when you take off your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks fabulous, if you had just said 'art prints' I would have thought 'old lady look' but this totally rocks. On the cold front, I just think you're crazy. Snow looks almost as pretty in pictures. Sent to you. By other people, who like puffers.

    ReplyDelete