Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Teeny Tiny Details

I was running ridiculously late this morning so I did not have a lot of time to think about what I was going to wear. I seriously need to get a less comfortable bed or a job that starts at noon. I prefer the latter, but doubt I'll find one. I was tempted to throw on my old uniform (skinny jeans, boots, shirt, long cardigan) but I decided not to give up so easily.

Here's where I ended up. Dragonfly sweater, Old Navy ($30); Banana Republic skirt ($60); Booties, Diba ($140). And, do you notice the teeny tiny detail that I added? If you can't figure it out, here's a hint: it's the one that makes me look fat. It's a purple leather belt from who knows when or where that's so skinny it makes me look quite the opposite. I won't be wearing this skinny of a belt again anytime soon. But I'll keep it on for the rest of the day on principle and suck my stomach in.

Question: Should I put the belt back in the closet in case it works with something else? Or donate it assuming it'll have the same affect on my midsection regardless of the outfit? I'm thinking donate.

2 comments: