Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I need to start sleeping with mean people.

Why? Because I CANNOT get out of bed in the morning. I need to roll over when the alarm goes off to face some jerk who pushes me out of bed and tells me to get my ass up. And give him 20 pushups for good measure.

What does this have to do with fashion? Well, when I wake up late like today, 15 minutes after I was supposed to leave the house, I tend to just throw on the first thing I find in the closet. Usually something I've worn a million times. Today's outfit was born of last minute panic. I've worn it before and knew it would work. In fact, I wore something almost identical just last week!) But I'm looking to challenge myself here and do something different. Waking up late doesn't give me much room to do that.

Anyhooo...Ann Taylor Sweater ($58); Banana Republic Skirt ($60); Diba Booties ($140); Gold belt (no idea).

Two good things came out of it though: 1) I got 2 random compliments on looking nice today and 2) it gave me an idea of challenge #4 which I will tackle tonight! Stay Tuned!

Also...if you know where I can get my hands on a nuclear alarm clock, holla.

2 comments:

  1. i have the same disease...i now have, in addition to my regular alarm clock (with dual alarms) and my cell phone alarm, one of those old-school alarm clocks with the two metal bells and the hammer that makes that god-awful racket. guaranteed. unless i turn it off and go back to sleep. mental note: move it from off the night table to across the room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.nandahome.com/products/clocky/

    Tricky little clock. Worth a try or will it drive Pickles bonkers?

    ReplyDelete