Friday, January 15, 2010

Casual Friday


It's Friday and I decided to try a casual/preppy look. Not loving it, but don't hate it. This is an outfit that a month ago I might have thought was really snazzy (yes, I talk like an old lady), but today, not so much. Surely I can be more imaginative than this! This is good though, I'm finding out what I like and don't like and that will keep me from buying more stuff I'll never wear. Plus I used to think these jeans were super flattering, but now I think they make my butt look big. Having pictures is a really valuable tool. Too bad I have 2 pairs of these.

I love this tweedy jacket though. ($80, Urban Outfitters) particularly with the turtle mother of pearl broach that was my late-grandmothers. Jeans are Hudson ($176), T-shirt is Ann Taylor ($?), and boots are Miz Mooz ($155).

The purse is an embarrassing story. It's LV and it's called "The Manhattan" and it cost a LOT ($1550 if I remember correctly) . I bought it when I decided to move here but have hardly ever carried it. I have to use it more - it's such a nice bag. And I spent a small fortune on it. Could have gotten a black market baby for $1550. And everyone knows babies are the hottest accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment