Saturday, January 2, 2010

Math is tricky...



On my way back from Pilates today I stopped by Kate Spade. It's on the way home, I SWEAR. I love Kate Spade. Her stuff is so fun and colorful, I wish I could dress like that all the time. I looked at several things I loved and then did the math. I COULD dress like this all the time. At the rate I'm spending money, I could buy 3 amazing things from Kate Spade every month instead of 20 so-so things from everywhere else. I always cringe at higher prices....but if they are more wearable and bring me more joy, then I probably won't feel the need to buy so much other stuff.



Case in point, I went to Lululemon today and used a Christmas Gift Certificate (thanks Mom) to get some yoga clothes. At first glance $98 for yoga pants seems crazy. But then you factor in the fact that they are reversable (2 designs in one) and they last about 4-5 years....the price actually turns out to be pretty low ($25 per pant, per year vs buying 2 pairs of pants at $25 each for 4 years = $200). I make a few purchases and feel good, vowing to put my faded Old Navy yoga pants into the "donate" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment