Thursday, February 11, 2010

Everything works here.

My friend Kim just has a knack for pulling stuff together. Today she rocked a Jovovich/Hawk dress with a wide gold leather and paillette belt and a chunky gold necklace. The casual boots (Chanel) and braids keep it from being too serious. A+ chica!

Side note - Kim told me that this dress was around $600 but Jovovich/Hawk ended up making a nearly identical one for Target at about 1/8 the price. Those Target designer pieces are worth checking out. And it's a good idea to look up some of the designer's full-price pieces before you shop their Target collection so you can grab the stuff that really relays that designer's style.

Jovovich/Hawk is out of business but you can great pieces on sale at various shopping sites.

Target doesn't have a designer collection at the moment, but I'm sure they will soon! I'll post when they do.

3 comments:

  1. 600 bucks?? I have to disagree on the fabulousity of the dress/outfit. It looks like a renfair reject to me, and the big belt looks goofy, as does the dark tights and light boots. Not a fan of this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, looked super cute in person. Material was fabulous. But, to each his own. That's what's great about fashion - everyone can do their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! I love her other outfits, though. She's sassy.

    ReplyDelete