Friday, February 5, 2010

Cozy on a Cold Friday

Today began with my dog's breakfast exploding in my microwave. Needless to say, it was not a great start and took some time to clean up so I didn't really want to spend a ton of time picking out an outfit. Lucky for me, I bought something yesterday so I didn't have to!

I got this cowl neck paneled sweater at the boutique near my work, Yamak. They always have interesting stuff - cool patterns and fabrics and stuff you won't find everywhere. This top is so soft and cozy and the panels add some interest and a bit of a utilitarian look which is kind of in right now a la Helmut Lang.

Paneled sweater (Annie C, $68)
Dark wash skinny jeans (BR, $89)
Black flat boots with buckle detail (Charles David, $250)

So at only $68 this top was a steal in my opinion with the amount of detail involved. That means I still have $632 left to spend this month! I may stop by Kate Spade tomorrow after Pilates. There should be some stuff on sale from Fall/Winter.

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, i'm not loving the outfit today.....sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apology necessary! That's want the comments are for. I'll never become more stylish without this kind of feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this look, very Star Trekian in a very retro cool way

    ReplyDelete