Monday, June 14, 2010

Third Chino Attempt...maybe the last???

I have been trying to make these chinos work but I'm not sure I ever will. So far I think this is my best attempt, but don't know if it's a chic as I want to be. My first attempt was too layered and my second attempt was just sloppy and unflatterning.

Kim, who photographed me today, likes this look. What do you think?








Skinny chinos (Banana Republic, $60)
White Tee (Ann Taylor, $35)
Cashmere Cardigan ($175), gold sandals ($79), Gold necklace ($60) all Banana Republic.
Hermes belt ($585)
Kate Spade bag ($495)

So let me know if these chinos are working, or if they need to go to June's Donation pile.

4 comments:

  1. Really like the turn ups to make them more European. Makes them more casual and yet at the same time, more sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chino's are tough. I love khaki colored one's myself...but when I wear them, they feel unflattering. What seems to work here, is that they are navy -- Goes really well with your coloring, still casual, but cool / relaxed. Love the braid too!
    -Kimmie V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The length here is nice (folded?). Anything with a tapered leg is tough, it looks so dated, but here it doesn't go down to the ankle, so it looks a lot better. I think you found a winning look for the chinos. Simple, yet sophisticated, and the bag and braid make it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the length, but i think the fit at the top is a little unflattering...

    ReplyDelete