Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Shoe's The Thing.

My friend from work says I may be being too hard on myself but this is not working. Particularly the shoes. They are a little 80's pair that look retro with skinny jeans and a fun top. But with this wrap dress they just look 10 years out of fashion. Plus, wrap dresses are supposed to give you shape and this one does NOT. I think I need about 3 inches taken off the bottom. An above the knee length may make this more fun and less dowdy. But for today - Epic Fail.

BCBG wrap dress ($320)
Limited Black Cardigan ($50)
BCBGeneration Pumps ($90)

This reminds me - I do actually need a fashion forward pair of black work shoes. Like a nice mary jane or a peep toe....all I have are open toe sandals for summer. I feel a mission coming on.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm....You do look a little dowdy here. I personally hate that kind of heel on shoes because they remind me of my third grade teacher. blech. The dress is fab, but agreed it's too long. This outfit could have used a pop of color--yellow ballerina flats maybe, or an orange cardigan? It's too mono. BTW--are you wearing HEELS in an AIRPORT??? Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the pop of color. I'm going to get it hemmed and try again...then do a side by side comparison.

    ReplyDelete