Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Redemption

This goes to show you that without much time or effort I can look like I did yesterday, or like I do today. Putting this outfit together didn't take any more time than the frumpy one and I feel 100% better. Life is too short to feel dumpy and yesterday's "look" was a confidence sucker. Today, I feel much more like me, and I'm inspired to gut my closet of anything that isn't "useful or beautiful". Spring cleaning will happen soon.

DVF Dress ($130 - massive sale)
BR black lycra tee ($40)
Aerosoles suede cut out pumps ($69)

A note on the shoes - I don't usually shop Aerosoles, but something about these felt a little 40's to me and they worked with a dress I had just purchased at the time. Plus they are great for walking in. Every once and a while, they have a hidden gem in all of their comfortable shoes if you feel like checking in with them.

6 comments:

  1. absolutely LOVE this dress, and i really like how you've paired it with the black tee...as for aerosoles, i absolutely agree. i have a few pairs of shoes from them that are quite stylish and SOOOOOO comfy! this one pair of ankle boots was my go to shoe for hoofing it around nyc when i lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sassy and saucey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dress but I forbid you to do open toed shoes and tights again....sorry. Try the dress with black boots as well ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I've seen the open toed and tights a lot in the mags and on the runways. Do you think it doesn't work here or just in general: I almost wore cream colored open toe booties...with the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure about the black T-shirt. Tones down the stylishness of the dress.

    ReplyDelete