Monday, March 1, 2010

February's Castoffs



First off - apologies! I was traveling last week for work, then got pretty sick so I didn't post faithfully. My Mom said I should post a picture of me in my hospital gown (yes it was that bad!) but I couldn't bear to since I looked so bad. Faithful postings from now on.

So here's the crap I rid myself of this month. Again it was waaaaaayyyy to hard. The plaid dress is Old Navy ($16) , flimsy and unflattering, but I was thinking "it would be so cute in the summer with flip flops". That black pair of cords (BR, $60?) is 2 years old and they still have the tags on, yet I wanted to see if they still fit and keep them. What? That's illogical. I am illogical. Into the Goodwill bag they went! The brown cardigan (J. Crew $58) was one I settled for in a pinch and I have always thought was kind of the color of poop. Then there's a "going out top" from Hype ($70) that has served me well but has seen better days. I have plenty in the closet that do the job better. And finally, a t-shirt with illustrations that fall right on the boobs and so turns me into someone who's trying to hard instantly. It was designed by a co-worker and I bought it under pressure a few years ago for $28. I'm not sad to see it go.

Still I wonder, why is it so hard for me to edit? My closet is so full it's frustrating, and I often feel like tossing the lot of it, but the end of the month comes and it's like pulling teeth. I may do a mid month edit just to push myself.

3 comments:

  1. Good work, all look like they've seen better times. Although I can't help thinking that in order to pare down your wardrobe you need to get rid of more than you buy each month!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point made above--though I seem to remember you did a massive purge at the beginning of the year??? I could be wrong.

    As you shop in your closet, do you think it would be easier to weed out clothes weekly rather than at the end of the month. One thing I do is purge purge purge, but I just sort of put the clothes aside. If I don't miss them, I donate them. (Turns out I've only dug back into the bag once or twice to rescue an impulse purge.) If you allowed that bit of leeway, maybe purging wouldn't be so tough??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori that's a great idea. I do also plan to do a spring purge when I put all of my winter stuff away. I'm thinking if I didn't wear it - it gets donated. Which will be a huge amount of clothes!

    ReplyDelete