Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fakey Fakerton.


You may recall a post a while back about a dreamy pair of Louboutin's that I could not afford at Barney's. (Read original post here.) Well, yesterday I was doing a search for them to see if they were, perchance, on sale. The short answer is NO.

The long answer is that I stumbled upon this site where they were $159. What? $585 at Barney's and only $159 here, plus free shipping and no sales tax?? Too good to be true? TOTALLY. Kim and I took a good look and feel fairly certain that this site sells nothing but fakes.

Now, here's my quandary: Do I buy the fakes or not??

There are some pretty solid arguments against it. It's totally unfair to the designer, it's stealing really and hurts the industry as a whole. On the other hand, maybe if Mr. Louboutin didn't charge $585 for shoes, people wouldn't be knocking them off.

Readers - What do you think??

4 comments:

  1. Maybe they are second shift Louboutin's. Gucci has second shift bags that are made in the same factory as the real bags but have some defect. They aren't fakes exactly, they are just rejects. But I do agree that it is too good to be true. I think I would buy these "fakes" only because I would never spend that money on the real deal. I have seen many Louboutin's in designer resale shops lately, all have not been my size. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS have you been here yet? http://www.frocknyc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll always know they are fake......save up and buy the real deal. You'll feel a million dollars every time you wear them. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depends. Are the fakes worth 159 any more than the real ones are worth nearly 600? That's your call. Based on the trendy style, i would spend less on them.

    I'm not qualified to comment on this post really. I can't justify spending that kind of money on anything that isn't truly useful, but I know, I know--it's fashion, and it's a personal thing. You've come back to them twice though, so you must love them. And if you love them, you should buy them. Isn't that what this blog is about?

    ReplyDelete