Wednesday, May 12, 2010

April's Castoffs

Even though I did a huge purge in April when I flipped to my spring and summer wardrobe, I still pushed myself to get rid of at least 5 things at the end of the month. I still have so much more than I'll ever wear so I need to keep paring down.

Tossed:
A black Old Navy dress that I wore to death last summer. It's worn out and not as flattering as my new one.
A Wine colored halter dress from Target that could not be less my style - I never wore this once.
A Michael Stars T and a James Perse T, both for the same reason: Too tight on my stomach and I don't have a six-pack.
And a wonderful gold sequin tank that I LOVE but can't wear because it scratches up my arms too much. From The Limited I think.

Except the gold tank, I didn't love any of this stuff and the Tee's weren't even flattering. Wouldn't it be awesome to open your closet every day and LOVE everything in it? That's what I'm aiming for!

Now the shoes, these were a last minute toss. I wear none of these pairs due to heel hight. The Cole Haan's have never been worn, so I'm taking them to consignment, and the other two are going to a resale store and will hopefully sell for a few bucks.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to bring the shoes to consignment. I have done Buffalo exchange many times and they usually are good about making decent offers! They also will donate your old stuff if you don't want to take it back home with you. I think you purged good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by you and a clothes swap in a month I started cleaning my closet last night. Purging feels good. Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some fantastic designer consignment stores on the Upper East Side on Madison. You should look into them, especially if you are getting rid of anything "fancy".

    ReplyDelete