Friday, May 7, 2010

Beach Blog


I may be the whitest girl on the planet, but I still love a good beach vacation. I'm in sunny Sarasota, FL until Monday so I'm going to try and pull off that "effortless beach vibe" and be beachy without being sloppy. While I am learning to go for the better quality clothes that look better, Summer is one time I plan to make an exception. This dress I'm wearing, for example, was $15 at Old Navy and LOVE it. Super comfy and cute. The hat was a "big" ish purchase in my opinion. It was $78 at Paragon Sports, which seems like a lot for something made of frickin' straw. (What is that, like a nickel a bushel? It's dead grass.) . They also had one for $38 that had some gold beading that I 85% liked and I almost bought it. But then I remembered the whole point of the blog.

I loved the $78 hat (from Hat Attack, you can buy here). It flopped perfectly and was the right stiffness and looked cute. I've probably purchased eight ok over the years, now that I have the perfect one, I can cut that out.

Flip flops are cute Calvin Klein's with a Tortoise shell detail which always brings in the compliments! It think I paid about $128 three years ago for them. Well worth the price.

PS - Old Navy is also great for mix and match swim. If you like wearing a different bikini each day of your vacation like I do, you can't beat the price and selection at Old Navy. So many choices all at $15 per piece. Will they last forever, no, but you don't really need them too. By next summer you'll want new ones anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment