Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby's First Fedora

I am generally not a trendy person. I'd describe my look as more classic with some edge (or at least trying to be) and I hate to buy stuff that will go out of style with the season. I'm sure you've seen fedoras EVERYWHERE because lord knows I have, and I've been trying to fight it.

However - while strolling through Nolita this weekend I stumbled upon this unique gem from a street vendor specializing in hats. The top is wool lace, it has a fabric band and a tweed brim. I've never seen another like it. I also thought the material would take it into fall and winter. I didn't want to get a straw one and put it away in 30 days. I really like it, but it definitely tested my confidence walking around with it this morning. I kept worrying that I looked stupid, but that's stupid. This is New York, I can get away with (fashion) murder.

Would love any and all opinions on this trend and this hat.

Right now I'm going to put it on and head to lunch. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is such a great purchase. I love the lace and the fact that it's wool means that it will totally work in the winter. The muted colours work really well too. Stylish without being loud.
    I don't think hats go out of style too much. Wear it with a pair of suit pants and a tie to get that Annie Hall look.

    ReplyDelete