Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday - Black and Brown?

I've never really been 100% sure these two go together. I mean black and kakhi, sure...but black and dark brown? This morning I thought I'd experiment and give it a shot. Plus I wanted to wear my new black pants! Upon seeing this photo I have a couple of misgivings.

1) I wish I had worn different heels. I have a pair of brown and cream zebra striped Kate Spade shoes that would have been awesome.
2) I wish the detail on my belt buckle was gold tone instead of nickel.

Other than that I'm good with this outfit. Maybe it's a little boring, but it certainly makes me look skinny.

Gap True Straight pants, $50
Limited Cami, $25
Banana Republic Cardigan,$158
Banana Republic Equestrian belt, $40 on sale
Frye Kitten heels, $168
Michaek Kors Oversized watch (a gift)

What do you think - is it chic? Or a snooze fest?

A note on the watch - I felt like it was too big but when I took it to the MK store to exchange it. Ezekiel (the sales guy) convinced me that the Oversized watch was the one to go with. He pointed out that the model in their fall catalog is wearing it in every shot and she's (his words here) a skinny bitch! Ergo, if it's not too big on her, it won't be too big on me. Sold!

1 comment:

  1. I never know when black and brown work and don't work too. I think this outfit is a winner. You do look like a skinny bitch. I love it!

    ReplyDelete