Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I've Been a BAD Blogger. : (

I would say I deserve a Time Out, but I've basically taken one for the last few weeks. I had a few things going on in my personal life that derailed me, but fashion-wise it hasn't been a very inspiring July either fro 2 reasons.

First, In the last 2 months or so I have packed on 5-7 pounds. Enough so that some things don't fit, and the things that do fit, barely fit. A lot of my cuter clothes are uncomfortable and look too tight to wear. I usually keep my weight around the same number and use my clothes as a guide, so I know it's time to get back on top of it. Yesterday I began my 2 week jumpstart. Cutting calories, hitting the gym and not drinking. It's going to be hard, but having a closet full of clothes I can't wear is 0.0 fun. Using the iphone app LoseIt and it's fun to play with.

Second, the weather in New York has been miserable. 90+ degrees and humid as hell. All I want to wear is a loose cotton sack, which is not very fashionable. And since we don't have malls here (and the air conditioning that goes with them) shopping is off my radar for now.

BUT...the point is to chronicle what I wear every day and I will get back on the horse. It will be a challenge to find outfits that fit, aren't too hot AND are fashionable, but I started the blog to challenge myself so I need to keep at it.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment